While it is true that every church is a part of the larger Body of Christ, it is also true that each church has their own unique DNA. At Oasis Church, the desires, priorities and values expressed on this page describe the kind of church family that we believe Jesus is asking us to become.
At Oasis Church, we desire to grow as genuine lovers of God (Matthew 22:37-38) and fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19-20), AND to help others to do the same.
In order to fulfill our desire, these are the things we long to do when we gather together:
* Seek Jesus with hungry hearts: Each person drawing near to God through worship, prayer and communion
* Follow the Holy Spirit with obedient hearts: Each person listening and responding to the leading of Spirit
* Study the Bible with open hearts: Each person growing as a disciple of Jesus by applying the scriptures to their daily life
* Serve one another with willing hearts: Each person using their spiritual gifts to build up the church family
* Proclaim Christ with eager hearts: Each person sharing the love of Jesus through their words and good deeds
These are some of the things that are important to us and guide our times of meeting together.
* Jesus is the Head of the church. More than following a human leader, we want to look to Jesus, listen to Jesus, follow Jesus and obey Jesus. He is our Teacher (Matthew 23:10), our Shepherd (John 10:14), our Savior (1 John 4:14) and our Friend (John 15:15).
* Ministry is shared by everyone. As Christians, we are all priests (1 Peter 2:5, 9), we all have the Holy Spirit living in us (Ephesians 2:22), and we have all been given gifts for the purpose of building up the church family (1 Corinthians 12:4-11). Therefore, each person (not just the pastors and missionaries) has the ability to serve and do ministry.
* Our meetings are participatory. We hope that each person would actively participate in our times of worship, prayer, communion, bible study and fellowship. Of course, in all of these things, we want to conduct ourselves in a way that both honors Jesus and shows love and respect to one another.
* Mistakes are a part of the learning process. As we are learning to love Jesus and grow as his disciples, we will all make mistakes. So, rather than expect perfection from one another, we want to create an atmosphere of love, grace and acceptance, where we are free to make mistakes without the fear of being judged or criticized.
* Obeying the Bible is a top priority. More than just learning and studying the Word of God, we want to “do what it says” (James 1:22).
* Church multiplication is our goal. Jesus commands us to bear fruit through the making of disciples (Matthew 28:19-20). While this might result in church growth at Oasis, our real desire is to multiply the church through the planting of other simple-style house churches in the Kansai area.
Call Us (in Japan): (0725) 22-3525 / email@example.com / 1-22 Ueno-cho Izumiotsu City, Osaka, JAPAN 595-0046